Monday, July 2, 2007

Finally, a punch line!!

After a few days of despair that no one was sending me a response in the form of a punch line to "how many hookers does it take to string a banjo?", Steve M. sent three answers - all of which are clean, to boot. Thanks Steve for coming to the rescue :))

Michael told me I could be de-blogged. He's not loving the joke, I guess. Clay and I were in agreement that we could come up with a couple answers, most likely, but not necessarily ones that were postable. We're all about keeping it clean, right Clay?

Michael was telling me earlier today that he didn't think he was going to be taking a banjo with him on the big trip to Grand Manan tomorrow. (Half of Saint John is heading down there, from what I can gather). Anyway, I said that he absolutely HAD to take a banjo on the trip. (There's lots of jamming planned for the ferry parking lot, on the ferry, in the parking lot on the other side of the ferry, in the parking lot at the concert, after the concert (probably in the parking lot), at the motel, probably at Sheldon's house, at the motel in the morning before they leave for the ferry, in the parking lot at the ferry, on the ferry ride back...wow). Michael said "what do I need a banjo for?? To use as a paddle?" Ahhhhh....no. My suggestion would be that if the boat starts sinking, let go of the banjo. Those suckers are heavy and you'll sink like a rock. Hey, that sounds like a good theme for a bluegrass song.

Of course, when he mentioned using the banjo as a paddle my face lit up. He said "I know - I'm going to be reading about that". Yup, you can count on it. :)

I hope everyone that is going to Grand Manan for the concert enjoys the music and the company. It sounds like a fun time, except for the ferry ride, the parking lot jamming and the concert. Other than those things, sounds like a blast. Murray won't be going this year since he and Elaine are getting married this weekend, but Murray gets sick on the ferry ride so he wasn't fussy about going anyway. As I recall, even though it's been a while, walking down the aisle made me feel a little ill. I wouldn't be doing that again, not for anything.

Happy jamming...stay in touch...send comments!!
Helen

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Good words.