Thursday, July 5, 2007

Ooooopssss...

I forgot to mention where I posted the punch line for the joke about the hookers - it's in the comments on the blog entitled "Banjo Joke About Hookers."

I asked Michael if he enjoyed the Continental Divide / David Parmley concert in Grand Manan. He said it was excellent and that the music was traditional. (Does the word 'traditional' mean that the music was good?)

I saw Tom Mason drive by in the Tim Hortons parking lot at Simms Corner in the early afternoon on the day they were due back from Grand Manan (that's how I knew Michael was home!) and Tom didn't look very happy, but perhaps he was having withdrawl since he was in a parking lot, but not jamming. The jamming played out pretty much as I mentioned in my last blog. I cannot emphasize how grateful I am that I was not there. Like, really, really, really filled with gratitude for that one.

I didn't get off the hook completely though - have no fear. Michael won a CD as a door prize, plus he bought three more. Not sure why he bothered spending the money...it seems to me that it all sounds the same as the stuff we already have. Just my own personal opinion.

Don't believe everything you think!
Helen

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

You're right Helen ... almost. Yes I'd rather jam in a parking lot any day. Isn't that what they're for??

As I told Mike, the concert was really very good (traditional).

Had someone said "Tom, a bunch of us are going to the island for an overnight stay. We'll be jamming all the way there and back, on land and sea .... no.... there's no concert.."; I would have still jumped at the chance. The show was just the icing on the jam on the cake. Keep smiling -Tom