Friday, June 15, 2007

Rice cakes can do damage...

I'm on a work break and eating my lunch. I like having rice cakes at lunch time because they're crunchy and they don't generally get me into trouble. In the past, I have had a LOT of trouble with food. Over time I've pretty much eliminated from my diet anything that gives me trouble of a craving type, and, one day at a time, this has worked well for me for a few years.

I was savouring my last rice cake and I heard a sickening crunching sound...I think the tip of one of my back molars broke off. Oh NOOOOO!!!! People at work make fun of me because I like rice cakes - they compare them to eating sawdust, and cardboard, and such, but up until now, I liked them and thought they were safe. Many times while planning sales meetings for work I've been tempted to order rice cakes and salad for lunch and see how funny they all think they are then. :) Be careful not to tease the people that feed you.

Now I'm cautiously feeling around that tooth...maybe it's ok. I should mention the topic Bluegrass in this blog so as to keep with my blog name, and my reason for being. Bluegrass. Now, let's move on to something more stimulating...such as rice cakes. I should duck, right?

Tell someone how much you love them, before it's too late. It can become too late very suddenly.
xoxox
Helen

No comments: