Friday, June 8, 2007

Earl wouldn't do it that way...

Earl who?

Michael sent me an email mentioning that I had made a 'fatal error' in the fact that I mis-spelled SCRUGGS on my last blog. Ooooooops. Oh well, I'm sure Earl would forgive me. People spell my name wrong all the time, with two "Ls". HeLLen. Looks funny, doesn't it?

Fatal Error. Hmmmm...I've not ever heard a spelling mistake called a fatal error before now. As far as I know, things like forgetting your wedding anniversary, or the wife's birthday could be called fatal errors, or can certainly gain one's immediate admittance to the dog house, but a spelling mistake? Ahhhhh...no.

By the way, Michael never forgets my birthday. As far as anniversaries go, for our 10th wedding anniversary we went out for dinner, and he presented me with a little wrapped box (I thought it was something shiny) but in the box were the ribbons that he had tied to the antenna on the truck on our wedding day...those ribbons came with us all the way to Newfoundland, and back, and were a lovely reminder of the day. He had saved them, and tucked them away with the intention of presenting me with them 10 years later. How romantic is that?

On our 20th anniversary, he bought me something shiny :))) Michael made a big deal out of presenting it to me...our kids were there...Michael said, as he was passing me the box, "I want to thank you for twenty years of..."...as he was hesitating, no doubt looking for exactly the best adjective to describe his adoration, our daughter Mallory inserted the word PAIN. The sentence never did get finished since we were all laughing so hard.

That's ok, dear. I know what you meant. I love you too. And quit bugging me about my grammatical limitations. Like, how important is it?

Happy day...
Helen

No comments: