Saturday, February 2, 2008

Two Scoops of Raisins...

Michael and I had the very great privilege of being guests recently at Ed and Becky B’s home somewhere north of here. I’m just about sure I wouldn’t be able to find it again by myself. We had a lovely time; I enjoyed myself very much. Thanks so much Ed and Becky. Your hospitality is outstanding.

I learned some new things over the course of a trip across the border with Becky, and then later that night when a friend dropped in to visit. Becky needed milk so we made our way into a store in Maine (the closest stop) and this store, along with selling beef jerky treats, milk and other necessities, sells live bait and “eau du varmint”. I refused to look in the live bait tub (like, ewwwwwww) but I found the gonna-catch-me-a-varmint spray rather intriguing. The cans, labeled such as BearBomb, MooseBomb, and BeaverBomb, at $9.99 USD are an absolute steal. According to the can instructions, I’m to spray the moose love potion, which the can assures me smells like a cow in heat, into the air but downwind (huh?), scurry up my tree and wait with anticipation for my catch to come stomping through the woods looking for the amorous female. This, I think, is an absolutely shocking way to catch a poor defenseless animal.

You can check it out for yourself at http://www.buckbomb.com/ I found a very entertaining website featuring Mission Impossible type music, and videos of a man dressed in full camouflage gear spraying everything in sight, including the bottom of his boots with the buck bomb spray. Imagine my anticipation as he climbed the tree in the video to await his prey – I was really hoping he would fall out of the tree, but alas, he did not. I can’t for the life of my figure why anyone would want to shoot something with big brown eyes. The Bluegrass Widow has brown eyes, but that has no bearing on my opinion. The online store features the full range of scent products, including Hog Bomb, with my favourite – Hog Peanut Butter. The clothing line looks a little … brown, but, to each his own.

The unnamed friend, who appeared at Ed and Becky’s home later that evening in full camouflage attire, assured me that this tactic was clever of us humans. I could tell he uses the Bomb products as often as he can, not paying attention to the legalities. Details !! Anyway, this person did not find the fact that I found this type of lure hilarious to be funny in the slightest – serious business, this varmint capture. Anyway, go in peace, man, and don’t forget, stand downwind or you could be in for the shock of your life.

All in all, my visit to Ed and Becky’s was educational, relaxing, peaceful and very much enjoyable. I had a great time. Thanks so much!!

I find it alarming that Michael keeps asking me for the password to my blog. I can't imagine what he plans to unload there – how much worse can the pictures get though; you’ve already seen my mouth covered with duct tape. There are no naked pictures out there of me, so I’m not concerned about that. Hey, maybe he wants to put a naked picture of himself out there…that could be interesting.

Some new definitions:
Jam:

Toe jam - sometimes also found in the belly button. This jam is not considered edible, unless you are desperate. I hope you’re never that desperate.

Jam - Also known as jelly or spread. This jam is edible and tastes good with toast, peanut butter, cookies, ice cream, and green beans. I really like this type of jam.

Jam - A group of musicians getting together to make music that they consider tasteful. Usually includes a few groupies that pretend it’s tasteful because they want the musicians to like them.

Bluegrass Jam - A group of musicians getting together to attempt to out do each other on the ear splitting noise that their instrument can emit. Also, there seems to be an unwritten rule: whoever can play the fastest, wins. There are groupies with this type of jam too. They tend to be hard of hearing, are extremely tolerant, and love the musicians. They would not be at the jam if they were not in love. Groupies that are connected with the banjo players are the most hard of hearing, the most tolerant, and the most in love.

More later. One last thing…don’t believe everything you think.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Helen Ha Ha Ha cant think of much more to say..By the way I dont agree with your definitions ..Talk later Fungus