Thursday, May 10, 2007

Nothing to do with Bluegrass at ALL...

Good day and Happy Thursday...
They say that stolen food has no calories...I'm not certain about that, but I just found half a bagel in the employee fridge upstairs (I'm at work) and I'm starving, so I stole it. In my defense I will say that the code date on the bagel bag is April 26, and this is May 10th. The bagel is rather beyond it's best and certainly not as fresh as this lovely spring day, however, it is doing the trick. And I'll replace it tomorrow. I left a note too saying that I had lifted it. Not much of a thief, am I?

I think it's kind of funny that Michael and I have our own blog sites - kind of like HIS and HER towels in the bathroom. This is an interesting way to spend a few minutes of my lunch break. Also, it's amazing to me how much mindless stuff I can think of to write about, and I know that Mike experiences that same wonderment when he blogs. His stuff all sounds absolutely mindless to me. Just my humble opinion. (Mike, don't be mad)

That reminds me of my last hair cut. I went to a hair dresser that I had not gone to before - she is a person that I had met a couple years ago and I knew she did hair, so I decided to give her a shot. My hair spray consumption with the other 'do' was reaching epic proportions and Mike was constantly blaming me for what is wrong with the ozone, yelling to me that I had "used enough of that stuff" and delivering to me the gloomy message that he was afraid I was causing myself severe damage in the form of lung cancer. Not to mention the fact that he has been calling me 'helmet head' for the past 15 years, and I would just about say I've had enough of that 'do'. Plus, once at the Monday jam I was giving my favourite Harvey a good-bye hug and his glasses got stuck in my hair. I ripped them right off his face. Hair with attitude is not good.

So, I called the new hairdresser person and made an appointment. I was distressed, to say the least. The conversation went like this: "hi, this is Helen. I would like to make an appointment with you". She said "oh Helen! I can help you!!" My mind raced back over the fact that I had already identified myself and it would be pointless to hang up. She continued rambling on about how harsh my hair looks, how she could soften it, how she could give me some suggestions about coloring it, (I don't remember asking for any), and how hair spray was going to be absolutely off limits for me. In between each statement she said "don't be mad". She knew she was about to unload something offensive and she really didn't give a fig. Fortunately, I'm difficult to offend.

When I went to the appointment she started out by saying "let's first wash this crud out of your hair". Then, as she was washing it, she was calling out to someone in the other room about how much hairspray I use, and how it's impossible to get a comb through my hair. Excuse me, I am in the room, and I CAN hear you. Sheesh. Anyway, long story a little bit shorter, she cut it, I stopped using hairspray, and the hole in the ozone will hopefully repair. I have since discovered the joys of hair glue, hair wax, and hair gel. The hair glue has the exact same consistency as wood glue, which my father lovingly calls 'dumbdumb". You know, to cover mistakes. I wonder if there is any correlation...oh well, best not to over analyze that one.

I gotta get back to work. Hope your day is lovely.
Big hugs,
Helen

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Helen if only I had hair I would never complain ha ha Honestly I would give anything to have hair like I had when I was in my twenties.But unfortunatly I dont and Ill never use a wig so I guess Im stuck with what I dont have Fungus