Friday, May 11, 2007

Am I really a bluegrass widow?

Michael and I were at supper tonight at the Irving Big Stop in Lincoln. We were going to eat at home but decided that we were just too hungry and that we could share one of their whopping meals.

As soon as our butts hit the chairs, he said he had something to tell me about my blogs. He said that he noticed my blogs have nothing to do with bluegrass, and that didn't seem right to him, since my title is Bluegrass Widow. (I didn't know that was a title, but whatever.) He said I should be posting blogs about my thoughts on bluegrass related topics; items of interest like how I won't let him practice, how I object to the purchase of the banjo, how I don't like going to the jam...stuff like that. Then he said "And you don't need to blog about this conversation". As soon as those words were out of his mouth I could tell by the look in his eyes that he knew he had committed a fatal error. Too bad, pal.

I'm thrilled that you're getting a new banjo. The only person more excited is Ed Betts. Even you, Michael, are not as thrilled as we are. As far as practicing goes: rock on, man. Practice makes improved. I will say that I'm really looking forward to having that deck built, but I'm a patient woman. Regarding the jams - I admit that I started out going to the jams only as a means of supporting you (Michael) and that in the beginning I didn't love them, but now, for a variety of reasons, I love being there.

How do I change my blog name? Any suggestions out there for something more appropriate?

See ya...and happy day !

No comments: