Thursday, October 18, 2007

Baaaaahhh Humbug

I'm only blogging today out of protest.

We've been listening to Christmas music at our house since the middle of August. I will admit it is for a good reason. Michael is planning, or should I say, attempting to plan a Bluegrass Friends Christmas show to raise money for Saint John food banks. First, let me say this: Michael, I'm really proud of you for doing this. It's important to give back to the community and important to help others, and I love that about you. I know first hand how much of an effort you are putting into this good cause, and I support you 120%.

My next statement sounds negative; I'll warn you before you keep reading. I personally am not loving the amount of bluegrass music we are listening to, and the focus of late has solely been Christmas bluegrass music. Others get to hear Elvis crooning about having a blue Christmas without you, but I keep hearing something about Christmas in Dixie, and go tell it on a mountain...go tell WHAT is my question? Up until recently I didn't even classify that as a Christmas song, but we're listening to it ad infinitum, so it must be.

By the way, I think Tom Mason tried to run over me in the parking lot at Tim Hortons very early this morning. I know it was still dark Tom, but I'm not that hard to miss. Actually, this person only resembled Tom in his big smile and type of vehicle. I saw no visible musical instruments, and we WERE in a parking lot, so perhaps it wasn't Tom.

Ahhhh....this feels great. I forgot how good blogging feels. I was just reading my blog Glossary of Bluegrass Terms...it was pretty funny. I crack me up :) Brought me back to the trip we took with Ed and Becky...the music was all Bluegrass but none of it was of a Christmas nature. I'm reminded yet again to be careful what I wish for. Things change rapidly and not necessarily for the best.

Just so you know - I love Christmas. What's not to love? Family, friends, celebrating Christ's birth, which is the reason for the season, lots of presents, and last, but not least, it will be the end of the Christmasy Bluegrass music. I say "Come Quick, Christmas !!"

2 comments:

Misterimpatient said...

My most profound condolences and Humbug right back 'atcha!

I do have a potential workaround for this situation: An iPod (or similar). They are great at creating your own private little world for doing the dishes, or cleaning up cat vomit.

Works for me, though the background noise in my home is probably more...random.

Unknown said...

Hay Helen You know Mike loves Bluegrass and right now he loves Bluegrass Christmas songs.Your right he puts 120% into his wants.I too am proud of him and for letting me part of this GREAT Project.Hopefuly the Show will raise lots for the Food Bank.God knows they can use it at this (and any ) time of year.Have patience and it will go by uickly.Remember Easter is next ha ha Good to see you blogging again Ken