Monday, October 29, 2007

Let's Re-Think this...

Hello friends.

Before I get started on my original intent for this blog, I need to mention a couple things I've found humorous.
1.) I was just looking at a website that sells a book called "Banjo for Dummies". Need I say more on that? I think not.
2.) As we were driving to Fredericton yesterday Michael and I were listening to a recording of a radio show featuring Del McCoury and his band. Mr. McCoury stated that he believed bluegrass music is more intelligent now than in days gone by. Well now, at that rate, I would wager several hundred years from now bluegrass music should be boasting Einstein like qualities, shouldn't it?
3.) It's very cold at our house because some people are inhumane and refuse to turn the heat on. I was attempting to dress appropriately for the extreme chill in our house this weekend, and I looked down over my ensemble at one point and made a heart-wrenching discovery: I was dressed like a William of the Mountain. Please see "Glossary of Bluegrass Terms" for clarity.

Now, on to the point for this blog entry. I've noticed that the Christmas bluegrass music has ground to a halt at our house. The reason for this is, of course, the fact that the show at Harbour View High has been canceled. I'm disappointed. I'm still humming the Christmas tunes, but what I'm disappointed about is that we won't be putting on a show to help out the local area food banks. I thought that was a wonderful idea, and I was so excited that everyone seemed to be happy to be doing something so worthwhile.

Can't we re-think this? Why can't we organize a show to be held at the marina in December? It would be a little less formal and perhaps not so much pressure and we could still get together and do something to give back to the community and have fun doing it. (I know, you're shocked that I'm encouraging a bluegrass...anything, but by now you're aware that I'm a big supporter and just trying to maintain my reputation, right?)

Michael, please don't abandon this great idea you had. Let's just do it up a little differently. It could be very good and lot's of fun, and we can give back. Let's talk about it - I'll even wear something sexy for you - like my William of the Mountain outfit. I know you lovvvvvve that.

By the way, could you please remove that picture of me from the BGFriends website? Someone is really going to think you actually want to stifle me.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hi Helen well I too am dissapointed at the cancelation of the Christmas show.Maybe we did bite off a bit more than we could handle.Like you, I hope we will do something to help the needy in our area at this time of year.Im sure we can arrange something....If not a show, then why not just open a site where we can donate to the needy for Christmas.Im sure we would get a good response...Im happy that you support Mike in his ideas.He is one of the hardest workers I have run across in a long time...Merry Christmas to You Mike and your Family Fungus