Monday, January 7, 2008

Where Does the Time Go?

On December 19th I wrote that it was getting close to Christmas, and since this is now January 7th, it would seem that some time has swept past since I last wrote. My intention had been to blog at least once more prior to Christmas, but, as you will notice, my intentions and my actions once again are not in alignment.

I see Michael gives note on his blog to Bluegrass Roots TV, a company that creates DVDs from live performances for a very reasonable price and they do a quality job. I know this because we (not me) ordered a DVD of a group called Bluegrass Ridge and it has been watched at our house (not me) no fewer than 4 times since it arrived via Canada Post last Friday.

I did enjoy picking the parcel up at the local postal outlet though. Apparently there is more stuff to arrive so Michael wasn't sure which parcel the postman had tried to deliver. After intercepting...picking up...the parcel, I called home on the cell phone. I suggested that it was pretty darn big and that I needed help to get it outside and strapped to the roof of the car. Needless to say, guess who appeared at the back door as soon as I backed into the driveway to see what I had brought home. I can never get him to come to the table for supper, but it just occured to me that were I to cover a DVD or CD with tomato sauce and some parmesan, perhaps he would make an appearance. Did you want ketchup with that, dear?

Hmmmm...what else can I relate today? I could tell you that my rice cakes just now were especially fresh, or I could tell you about the fantastic finds I have discovered in Frenchy's and the second-hand clothes store of late...

Speaking of clothes, I got new pyjamas for Christmas. I bought them myself and said that they were from Michael. My thought was that since he is constantly telling me that I dress like a lumber jack when I go to bed (sweatpants, big wool socks, long sleeved shirt, and a sweater...I like the very best the sweatshirt with the hood...yes, I wear the hood up) as I am in a never ending state of cold. Yesterday, much to my dismay, he counted the blankets on the bed. He said "Eight blankets?!?!?" Actually, dear, it's nine. You missed one. Anway, since the complaint is that I dress like a lumber jack and for some reason this has about as much appeal as...well, getting into bed beside a lumber jack, I decided to split the difference with him. I got new PJs that are ultra warm, and I thought, sexy. Based on the reaction to date, I have slightly missed the mark on that one. When you're done laughing, dear, the bathroom needs to be cleaned.

A friend related a story last week of a trip to LaSenza where he was supposed to be assisting his girlfriend in choosing stuff for her to model for him...it sounds like his head was on a swivel trying to take in all the sights in that store...at one point he thought he was going to have to hyperventilate into a D-Cup Bra. I can't say I've ever seen a bra shaped like a brown paper bag. I have a feeling the pyjamas they have there are not meant to keep one warm, but if a person were to pile on several pair at the same time, that might do it.

Keep smiling...
Helen

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi Helenas usual your Blogs are helarious.I look forward to reading them.They always put a smile on my face . I hope that Mike liked the new tuner you got him for Christmas..Now if we can only get him intrested in the Banjo again , he may use it. I had a great Christmas with my son and his family.His 3 daughters are sure growing fast.. Just want to wish everyone a Happy New Year.May 2008 be a Good one. Fungus

Helen Floyd said...

Happy New Year to you too, Kenny. Mike needs to start playing the banjo or I'm going to store it away with the Christmas stuff to use as a tree topper next year. Did everyone see the cartoon compliments of Harvey? Harvey, also a banjo player, has THE most awesome banjo jokes. I love how he is living in reality and not closeting himself off in the idea that anyone actually likes that music.

I think Michael does like the new tuner and if he won't use it for a base, it could double as a bread box since it's so big. :)

Thanks Kenny !!